- Ursalink LoRaWAN Sensors/Nodes
- Ursalink UG6x/UG8x LoRaWAN Gateways
- ChirpStack Server
Ensure the LoRaWAN gateway has connected to ChirpStack server. Please refer to article How to Connect Ursalink LoRaWAN Gateway to ChirpStack for more information.
Step 1. Add a Device Profile
- Go to "Device-profiles" page to add a device profile. It's recommended to create device profiles for every type of sensor/node.
If join-type is OTAA, please go to "JOIN(OTAA/ABP)" tab to enable “Device supports OTAA”.
If device type is Class B/Class C, please go to corresponding tab to enable Class B/Class C.
- Go to "CODEC" page to add decoder of the sensor/node.
Note: if you use copy Ursalink decoders from https://github.com/Ursalink-CN/ursalink-decoder, please replace the function header from "function Decoder(bytes, port)" to "function Decode(fPort, bytes)".
Step 2. Add an Application
Go to "Application" page to add an application.
Step 3. Add a Device
Click the application and go to "Device" tab to create a new device.
There are two types of joining network: OTAA and ABP.
Join in OTAA mode
- Select OTAA device profile.
- After creating the device, fill in the APP key of the sensor/node.
Join in ABP mode
- Select ABP device profile.
- After creating the device, fill in the Device Address, Network session key and Application session key of the sensor/node.
Step 4. Check Device Data
Go to “LoRaWAN FRAMES” to check if node joins the network and send uplink data.
Go to “DEVICE DATA” to check the details of received packets.