LPWA properties done by Ursalink:
- Easily upgradeable through network scalability – With the help of Ursalink DeviceHub, it’s capable of remotely upgrading Ursalink cellular routers in bulk.
- Minimal power consumption and device operation for years after initial charge – LoRaWAN defined classes for end-devices. Ursalink sensors comply with the LoRaWAN Class A which is the most energy-efficient device class and results in the longest battery life.
- Improved coverage, both indoors and outdoors, compared to existing WAN connections – Ursalink released indoor and outdoor gateways and solutions accordingly, please refer to UG85(indoor) and UG87(outdoor) for details.
- Security measures, including strong authentication and improved connectivity – Ursalink adopts OTAA and AES128 as default security methods in LoRa network.
- Simplified network topology – If you are familiar with LoRaWAN, you know it is a kind of star-shaped network. Usually you only need one gateway to manage sensors or other IoT devices in about.
- Simplified deployment – As we know most Ursalink LoRa end-devices are pluy and play products. In the past we had to manually add them into the network server one by one, but not we are able to import them in bulk. Now in this article we will teach you how to bulk import them.
- Ursalink LoRaWAN Gateway * 1
- LoRa end-devices * n
Please refer to UG85/UG87’s User Guide or Quick Guide and make sure there has been at least 1 application and profile on “Network Server>Applications” and “Network Server>Profiles”. In this guide we use “cloud” in the application, and “ClassC-OTAA” in the profile.
Enter “Network Server>Device”, click “Bulk Import” and download the template.
Fill in the information of device in template.csv. Attributes needed:
- appkey (OTAA)
- devaddr, appskey, nwkskey (ABP)
If the “Join Type” is select as “OTAA”, then devaddr, appskey, nwkskey are not needed; if “ABP”, then appkey is not required.
Click “Browse” to locate the .csv file and import it.
After bulk import is done successfully, click “Apply” on the upper right to confirm the configuration.